Registration for this event has now closed
Saddle up, help save lives!
This year we are launching our first-ever sponsored equestrian ride at the Kent Showground in Detling, but due to limited capacity, we want to give all horse riders the chance to get involved. During the last week of August, we are challenging keen horse riders to take on a seven-mile ride in their own local areas to raise vital funds for our life-saving service. For younger or less confident riders who require a lead rein, the challenge can be taken on a smaller route of four-miles.
The distance can be completed in one ride or over several days, the beauty of the challenge is that it is yours to complete as you see fit. Whether you ride alone or in a group, in your local area or exploring new countryside the choice, is yours and you will be doing it all whilst helping our life-saving charity.
We look forward to welcoming you to Team KSS and seeing how you get on. Together we can make a difference.
How it works:
How it works
Sign up now for free.
Join our Facebook community here to enjoy support, motivation and a chance to share your horse riding photos.
Set up your Facebook fundraiser
Use your daily rides to cover 7 miles (or 4 miles) in a week
Each rider will receive a rosette at the end of the challenge
There will also be the opportunity for riders to purchase a charity high-vis waistcoat – please order yours here.
Date and time
Sat 21 Aug 2021 09:00 AM
Virtual Challenge - Take part wherever you are!
How your support really will make a difference
We’re an independent charity and it costs over £15 million a year to sustain our world-leading, cutting edge, innovative service. Amazingly 88% is donated and raised by the incredible people of Kent, Surrey and Sussex, who go above and beyond to donate and raise funds for us.
Thanks to you, we can be there 24/7 for the most critically ill and injured people in our regions, in their hour of need, people like Trev Davidson. Trev fell down a staircase and was found unconscious and bleeding from his ear. After an assessment of his head injuries by the ambulance crew, KSS was called to transfer him to Kings.
To read more about Trev’s story please click here.
"Having an accident like mine makes you realise how lucky you are; if it wasn’t for KSS I wouldn’t be here. The impact it would’ve had on my partner, children and friends if KSS hadn’t been there doesn’t bear thinking about."
Trev Davidson - former KSS Patient
How your money will make a difference:
Your KSS Ride sponsorship will help us to continue to save lives.
- £8 could buy could pay for 100 syringes, which we need to administer life-saving drugs to patients
- £17 could buy one set of tubing for our ventilator, helping patients to breathe when they have been anaesthetised.
- £45 could pay for a Warrior Lite disposable connects to the Warrior Lite fluid Warmer to allow for the warming of blood and fluids given to the patient
- £120 could buy enough aircraft fuel for one life-saving mission.
Please read our FAQs here.
Once you've signed up, it's time to start fundraising! Download our social media assets below to help kickstart your campaign and let everyone know you're taking part!
- Click your chosen image below
- A new page will open in your browser displaying the selected image
- Click on the icon located at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. The icon looks like a cloud with a downward arrow. (Please see the below image)
- This will begin your image download
- Save to your preferred location
- Share to your social media pages!
For Twitter and Facebook:
Have any more questions? Head over to our FAQ's for more information.