The KSS Squat Challenge 3100 this March
Complete 3,100 squats throughout the 31 days of March to help raise vital funds to support our life-saving charity.
There can be many health benefits in completing squats as part of your exercise routine, including building lower body strength and core, burning calories and helping you to lose weight. And the great thing is, all of this can be achieved in the luxury of your own home or garden. For a more in-depth look at the benefits of squats, please click here.
What is it?
Squat Challenge 3100 is our new, virtual fitness event, challenging you to complete 3,100 squats throughout March. You can complete the challenge in a way that works for you and your level of fitness. If you are already doing squats as part of your exercising then 100 a day might seem achievable, but for those of you who may be new to the challenge, it might be a gradual build-up and a few rounds a day.
The beauty of the challenge is about doing what feels right for you. You could squat whilst watching the TV or whilst waiting for the kettle to boil. You may choose to complete them over Zoom with a friend to keep you motivated or have a group competition to see who can complete them first.
The best thing about the challenge is every squat completed and every pound raised will be helping to keep our life-saving service running.
How it works:
- Sign up now for free
- Join our Facebook community
- Claim your free KSS charity t-shirt
- Set up your Facebook fundraiser
- Complete your 3,100 squats in the 31 days of March and feel good for Spring
How will your fundraising help?
We’re an independent charity and it costs over £15 million a year to sustain our world-leading, cutting edge, innovative service. Amazingly 88% is donated and raised by the incredible people of Kent, Surrey and Sussex, who go above and beyond to donate and raise funds for us. Thanks to you, we can be there 24/7 for the most critically ill and injured people in our regions, in their hour of need.
2020 has been an incredibly challenging year but together we’ve been able to continue delivering vital care across our regions.
Take part in Squat Challenge 3100 this March and help us to be there for more people like Jim Hardwick who suffered a life-threatening accident in 2015. We urge you to watch his story here to understand just how big of a difference fundraising makes.
To put your fundraising into context:
- £5 could buy an oxygen-activated Blizzard heat pad, which helps to treat patients with hypothermia or in shock and protect them from the elements.
- £30 could buy a set of defib pads to help resuscitate someone during a cardiac arrest.
- £80 could buy protective footwear for one of the crew. It is not always possible to land beside the casualty. Our crews need to be able to get from the helicopter to the casualty to help anyone at any time, whatever the weather, so the right boots are essential.
- £125 could buy one unit of blood, which enables us to treat patients with life-threatening injuries at the scene and on the way to the hospital.
Date and time
Mon 01 Mar 2021 09:00 AM
Sign up below now!
Want to challenge yourself to even more? Sign up for Run 31, also taking place throughout March!
Once you've signed up, it's time to start fundraising! Download our social media assets below to help kick-start your campaign and let everyone know you're taking part!
- Click your chosen image below
- A new page will open in your browser displaying the selected image
- Click on the icon located at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. The icon looks like a cloud with a downward arrow. (Please see the below image)
- This will begin your image download
- Save to your preferred location
- Share to your social media pages!
For Twitter and Facebook:
Want to track your progress offline?
Download and print your exclusive offline tracker here for you to monitor your daily progress!
Have any more questions? Head over to our FAQ's for more information.