Please note that this event has been cancelled. The event organisers announcement can be read here.
We are delighted to announce that we have secured places in this popular event!
This is the first ever swimming event that we will be participating in and we’d love to welcome you into Team KSS!
Children with Cancer UK Swim Serpentine is a one-day open water swimming festival staged in the heart of London. Organised by London Marathon Events, the festival is held in and around the beautiful Serpentine in Hyde Park, the venue for the open water swimming competition at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
We are delighted to be able to offer a (limited) number of places in the two-mile swim. This is an ideal event for those who would like to test themselves with two full (1.6km) laps of the Serpentine. This challenge is aimed at more experienced swimmers who have already completed a mile open water swim previously.
Children with Cancer UK Swim Serpentine is a must-do event in the open water swimming calendar. All your needs will be catered for with heated changing rooms, dunk zone, pontoon start and finish, full water safety crew, hot tubs and exhibition area.
If you have run the Virgin Money London Marathon and cycled the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100, Swim Serpentine is your chance to enter the London Classics hall of fame and get your hands on that prestigious medal!
- Two miles is the equivalent of swimming 128 lengths of a 25m pool.
- All swimmers need to either wear a full-length wet suit or use a tow float for safety reasons.
Whether you swim with your own place or would like to secure one of our charity places, you will receive:
- A fundraising pack, including sponsorship forms full of helpful advice and support to kick-start your fundraising.
- An exclusive invitation to our base, with the opportunity to meet the crew and see the helicopter (subject to medical emergencies).
- A charity t-shirt to wear before or after your swim to show your support for the charity
- A friendly, dedicated team to help support you along the way.
- Exclusive access to our monitored Facebook page, solely for individuals taking on challenges for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex (KSS).
Please note that by purchasing a ticket, you are pledging to raise £300 for us.
Date and time
Sat 26 Sep 2020 09:00 AM
The Serpentine, Hyde Park, London
Registration fee: £30.00
Other Exciting Events
you may also be interested in…